The College of Psychiatrists of Ireland
The College of Psychiatrists of Ireland, formed in 2009, is the professional body for psychiatrists in the Republic of Ireland. It is the sole body recognised for training of doctors to become specialists in psychiatry and for providing career long competence for specialists in psychiatry.
The Mission of the College is to promote excellence in the practice of psychiatry. The College fulfils its mission through the following actions:
• Education and training of psychiatrists
• Provision of continuous lifelong learning for psychiatrists
• Advocacy for resources to support best practice in the delivery of mental health services
• Promoting best practice in education, training and research in psychiatry
• Public education on issues related to psychiatric illness, psychiatric services and mental health promotion