Scientific Symposiums International
Celebrating 25 years in 2019 and still going strong, Scientific Symposiums International has provided continuing medical education courses to more than 7,500 physicians and healthcare providers from around the world since the company’s founding in 1994.
Based on the premise by Founder Carol A. Haag that a continuing medical education program need not be dry or held in a dreary setting to qualify as a worthwhile learning experience, Scientific Symposiums International held its first yearly course in 1995 and since then, six-to-seven new courses are held each year in Surgical Pathology and Dermatopathology.
Scientific Symposiums International’s approach is simple:
• Courses are designed to provide stimulating, up-to-date reviews on topics of critical interest to practicing Surgical Pathologists and Dermatopathologists.
• Lectures presented in informal, relaxed settings by excellent speakers, who are internationally recognized as experts in their fields.
• And, when the courses are finished each day, there is time to enjoy the scenery, family activities and amenities at these premier resorts and locations.
Scientific Symposiums International is
• Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
• The Surgical Pathology courses are approved by the American Board of Pathology (ABP) to be a provider for Self-Assessment Modules (SAMS) as part of the Continuing of Certification (CC), formerly Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process.
• The Dermatopathology courses have been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) to fulfill the periodic self-assessment requirements for ABD Maintenance of Certification (MOCS).