Resuscitation Council (UK)
The Resuscitation Council (UK) exists to promote high-quality, scientific, resuscitation guidelines that are applicable to everybody, and to contribute to saving life through education, training, research and collaboration.
We develop and publish evidence-based resuscitation guidelines to set out the interventions and practices that are most likely to achieve successful resuscitation from cardiac arrest. These guidelines are intended for all healthcare professionals, first-aid organisations and lay people.
We achieve this by:
• Developing guidelines, standards and educational materials for resuscitation
• Influencing resuscitation policy and practice by maintaining standards
• Supporting research into resuscitation
• Building the resuscitation community to foster good working relations between all involved in resuscitation
• Capturing and putting evidence into practice.