Polish Institute of Evidence Based Medicine (PI-EBM) / Polski Instytut Evidence Based Medicine
Polish Institute of Evidence Based Medicine (PI-EBM)
EBM ( evidence-based medicine ) is a paradigm of modern medicine. The people who created the Polish Institute of Evidence Based Medicine (PI-EBM) have made a major contribution to the promotion of EBM in Poland, with significant support from the world's leading authorities in this area, particularly EBM pioneers from McMaster University in Canada.
The main goals of PI-EBM are:
• Promoting the idea and principles of EBM
• Current critical analysis of clinical trials published in reputable medical journals worldwide and presentation of research results, selected on the basis of credibility and usefulness, accessible to medical staff
• Research in clinical trial methodology, clinical practice guidelines, systematic reviews, decision-making in clinical practice, quality of medical care and medical didactics.
• Participation in the development and adaptation of clinical practice guidelines
• Training of physicians and other medical staff on EBM methodology.
The realization of these aims is aimed at rationalizing and improving the quality of health care in Poland.