Kentucky Optometric Association (KOA)
KOA Mission Statement:
To promote, advance and insure the viability of the practice of optometry for the benefit of its members and the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. To insure that the voice of optometry is heard!
About the KOA:
Our doctors are committed to delivering the highest quality eye and vision care to Kentucky citizens. In addition, members of the KOA pledge:
• to keep the visual welfare of the patient uppermost at all times;
• to promote in every possible way, in collaboration with the Association, better care of the visual needs of mankind;
• to enhance continuously optometry’s educational and technical proficiency to the end that patients shall receive the benefits of all acknowledged improvements in eye care;
• to see that no person shall lack for optometry care, regardless of his/her financial status;
• to advise the patient whenever consultation with an optometric colleague or reference for other professional care seems advisable;
• to hold in professional confidence all information concerning a patient and to use such data only for the benefit of the patient;
• to conduct themselves as exemplary citizens;
• to maintain their offices and practices in keeping with professional standards;
• to promote and maintain cordial and unselfish relationships with members of the optometric profession and of other professions for the exchange of information to the advantage of mankind.