Italian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery / Associazione Italiana di Chirurgia Plastica Estetica (AICPE)
The specialty of plastic surgery begins during the First World War with the reconstruction of the soldiers who had been mutilated in the conflict. One of the founding fathers in Italy was Prof. Sanvenero Rosselli, who continued to use this reconstructive ability to help even patients with cosmetic problems. Aesthetic plastic surgery was born directly from reconstructive plastic surgery techniques. To date, all surgeons specialists in plastic surgery who are dedicated to aesthetic plastic surgery, follow a preliminary preparation in reconstructive plastic surgery.
The purposes for which the association was born are:
• the promotion of training and practice in aesthetic plastic surgery , in order to promote an exchange of knowledge among the surgeons qualified for the advancement of aesthetic plastic surgery
• to support and defend that aesthetic plastic surgery remains a recognized and respected discipline
• develop and encourage among members the practice of high standards in personal, professional and ethical conduct
• establish stable relationships with international associations of aesthetic plastic surgery
• promote the best understanding of cosmetic plastic surgery among physicians and especially general practitioners
• to disseminate to the members of the association all the latest information on the medical profession and the results of the most current scientific research
• provide real information and advise all those wishing to obtain information on cosmetic plastic surgery.