European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
The European Society of Surgical Oncology, ESSO, was established in 1981 to support it's members in advancing the science and practice of surgical oncology for the benefit of cancer patients.
ESSO’s mission is to support its members in advancing the science and practice of surgical oncology for the benefit of cancer patients. The Society aims to achieve this through a range of activities related to education, research and leadership in multidisciplinary care.
ESSO's vision is to represent the most established cancer treatment. To this end, ESSO will develop standards of care for cancer patients through its core values, as well as its activities in the field of education, homogenisation of skills, quality healthcare and ultimately qualification.
• Congress: Update knowledge on best practice, advances in surgical techniques and multidisciplinary management
• Education: Striving for oncological excellence as standard across Europe
• Research: Improve quality of care, patients’ experience and outcomes.
• Advocacy: Using social, economic and legislative instruments to promote optimal surgical cancer care to cancer patients.
• Membership: Engage with cancer surgeons to grow our surgical oncology community
• Communication: Establish a strong platform to position the voice of ESSO and our members