Analytical Proteomics, Ultrasounds and BioMedical Division
• Development of new approaches for in-gel and in-solution protein identification throughout ultra-• fast protein digestion and mass spectrometry-based techniques.
• Development of new strategies for tissue sample preparation prior Mass Spectrometry Imaging of endometriosis tissues and prostate cancer tissues.
• Development of faster and more efficient sample preparation methods for identification and quantification of antidoping substances, such as anabolic steroids, ß2-antagonists, diuretics, stimulants, etc
• Develop New methods to identify doping abuse biomarkers by MALDI-TOF-MS and MALDI-TOF-TOF-MS.
• Development of new methodologies for protein quantification by stable isotopic labelling techniques and mass spectroscopy.
• Development of new methods for bacterial identification by MALDI-TOF-MS with application in disease screening and bioterrorism combat.
• Development of new sample preparation procedures for Spectrometric techniques: MALDI-TOF-MS, MALDI-TOF-MS-MS and GC-TOF From single organic molecules to proteins and polymers.
• Development of new and fast methods for speciation of protein-bound elements based on proteomics (metallomics) and applying them to in vivo experiments with living organisms to asses the effectiveness of Selenium peptides in Arsenium detoxification of drinking-water.
• Development of Peptide mapping of red wines for identification and detection of frauds. Application of Gold(0), Silica, Platinum and Magnetic Nanoparticles to Biomarkers Discovery. Proteomics to Biomarker discovery applied in Renal Diseases, Cancer, Ostroartrosis and Osteoartritis samples.
Nanosynthesis, Fluorescent Chemosensors and Smart Materials Division
• Design and development of new fluorescent compounds based on amino acids, peptides and neurotransmitters for nanoparticle functionalization.
• Development of new fluorescent dyes for metal ion and anion detection in solution.
• Applications and studies of New Emissive Active Matrices as chemical sensors for multifunctional recognition and detection of analytes.
• Preparation of doped emissive polymers and materials
• Development of new Gold, Silver, Platinum, Magnetite and Magnemite, and Silica nanoparticles for Protein recognition.
• Synthesis of coated nanoparticles.
• Synthesis of Polymeric Nanoparticles for drug delivery (Cancer Studies)
• Synthesis of new molecular devices for MALDI-TOF-MS protein and biomarkers detection.
• Synthesis and Applications of Smart Nanoparticles based on emissive residues for Biomedicine applications. • 1D Nano assembled optical materials.