American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
The American Academy of Neurology (AAN), established in 1948, is an international professional association of more than 25,000 neurologists and neuroscience professionals dedicated to promoting the highest quality patient-centered neurologic care.
To promote the highest quality patient-centered neurologic care and enhance member career satisfaction.
To be indispensable to our members.
• Ensure the ongoing health of the profession and the organization to support the unique needs of all members.
• Personalize member communication and the member experience.
• Educate and assist members in providing high-quality, high-value clinical care in the evolving health care environment.
• Advocate for members and their patients on issues of importance to neurology, including access to high-quality, cost-effective care; research; and fair payment.
• Enhance member satisfaction, well-being, and resiliency with resources that support members throughout their careers.
• Promote neurology and neuroscience research and training.