American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN)
The American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) is a welcoming, unifying community for registered nurses in all ambulatory care settings. AAACN offers ambulatory care nurses:
• Connections with other nurses in similar roles
• Help in advancing their practice and leadership skills
• Advocacy that promotes greater appreciation for the specialty of ambulatory care nursing.
AAACN (formerly the American Academy of Ambulatory Nursing Administration) was founded in 1978 as a not for profit, educational forum.
In 1993, the organization's name was changed to the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). Membership was broadened to include nurses in clinical practice, education, and research roles as well as those in management and administration.
AAACN is the only specialty nursing association that focuses on excellence in ambulatory care.
Mission is to advance the art and science of ambulatory care nursing.
• Serve our Members - Enhance the professional growth and career advancement of our members.
• Expand our Influence - Expand the influence of AAACN and ambulatory care nurses to achieve a greater positive impact on the quality of ambulatory care.
• Strengthen our Core - Ensure a healthy organization committed to serving our members and expanding our influence.