Wound Series Part 2: Approaches to Treating Chronic Wounds Summary is organized by CEUfast, Inc. and will be held from Jul 05, 2018 - Jul 28, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2 Contact Hours.
This course educates nurses or clinicians on how to properly clean and dress chronic wounds. Upon completion of this CE, users will understand the difference between healing acute wounds as opposed to chronic ones. They will be able to identify the appropriate dressing supplies and apply pain management strategies if needed.
• Describe expected healing pathways in acute versus chronic wounds.
• Describe expected needs of acute, uncomplicated wounds.
• Describe expected needs for common chronic wounds.
• Describe important considerations for cleansing wounds
• Describe basic wound dressing supplies, which may be useful in caring for wounds.
• List essential wound care supplies relevant to any healthcare setting.
• Select 5 essential items which should be assessed, addressed and included in wound care documentation.
• Describe several pain management options for pain in chronic wounds.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
- 60 Minutes
Contact Ho 3
Credit Hour 1
- 65 Minutes
- 27 Minutes
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine