Contact Hours : 5
Theory to Practice Case Series is organized by College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP) and will be held from Sep 26, 2019 - Mar 26, 2020. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 5.0 ACPE Contact Hours
This self-study activity serves as an educational tool for pharmacists seeking Board Certified Psychiatric Pharmacist (BCPP) Recertification credit and other pharmacists and health care providers seeking advanced education in patient and disease state management in the field of psychiatric pharmacy.
Releasing September 26, 2019, this application-based BCPP Recertification product provides the opportunity to study a complex psychiatric case comorbid with a medical diagnosis and associated complex medication regimen. The 2019 case is focused on treatment resistant depression and pregnancy with participants following one patient through several encounters over a period of time. The activity design allows for the opportunity to apply evidence-based pharmacological and/or nonpharmacological treatment strategies and monitoring recommendations specific to patient needs and their pertinent medical, psychosocial, family, cultural and socioeconomic issues. Instructional webinars and a comprehensive, referenced key extends the value of the activity long after completion
• Identify clinical features and treatment issues as applicable to patients with complex and/or treatment resistant depression who are pregnant.
• Evaluate evidenced-based data regarding current and novel treatment approaches to address clinical needs of patients with treatment resistant depression who are pregnant.
• Apply evidence-based research findings to the clinical care of patients with complex and/or treatment resistant depression who are pregnant.
• Tailor individualized treatment plans for patients with treatment resistant depression and multiple comorbid disease states and drug related problems to improve treatment outcomes.
To satisfactorily complete the From Theory to Practice Case and receive 5 hours of BCPP Recertification and ACPE credit, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Abide by a confidentiality and honesty statement requiring individual completion of the recertification education.
• Successfully complete an online examination on or before the deadline of March 26, 2020.
• Meet the minimum passing score on the final examination as determined by a panel of experts.
• Partial credit is not available.
You will proceed through the following steps to satisfactorily complete this course:
• Review the full content of the activity and reflect upon its teachings.
• Complete the post-test at the end of the activity no later than the closing activity date. (login first)
• Complete the evaluation at the end of the activity. (login first)
• Wait for the official review of exam questions within 4 weeks following the closing date.
• Receive a passing grade (as determined by a panel of experts within 4 weeks following the closing date).
• Provide the necessary details in your profile to ensure correct reporting by CPNP to CPE Monitor.
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine