The Rules and Regulations of Physician Advertising (3rd Edition) is organized by Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT).
Originally Released: Feb 01, 2012
1st Review & Re-release: Apr 30, 2015
2nd Review & Re-released: May 01, 2018
Expires: May 01, 2021
This one-hour activity is intended for physicians of all specialties who are interested in practical ways to reduce the potential for malpractice liability.
• 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (Internet Enduring)
• 1 Medical Ethics and/or Professional Responsibility
Categories: Risk Management, CME, Medical Ethics, Practice Operations
With the help of medical liability reform, more physicians are practicing in Texas. This means competition among physicians has also grown. As the health care market becomes more consumer-oriented and consumer-empowered, physicians and other health care professionals must find ways to market their services more effectively. Their goal is to make their practice stand out from the rest. From the increasing volume of television, print, and Internet-based advertising, it appears that physicians may be relying more heavily on advertising to attract patients.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
• Understand the Texas Medical Board (TMB) rules for physician advertising;
• Describe the TMB rules regarding the use of the term “board certified” in advertising;
• Identify what the TMB requires for record-keeping and responsibilities related to advertising content; and
• Discuss tactics to avoid TMB actions related to advertising.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.