The Role of the Dental Assistant in Endodontics
The Role of the Dental Assistant in Endodontics is organized by The American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA).
CE Credits: 1.5
This webinar is designed to familiarize the dental assistant with basic knowledge regarding the diagnosis, procedures used, and treatment of infected dental pulp and root canals. The role of the dental assistant as a team member in preparing the patient before, during and after endodontic treatment will be discussed.
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
• Outline the need for endodontic treatment;
• Define what is a root canal;
• Describe the various symptoms that a patient may present with and what the possible meaning is for those symptoms;
• Describe how the diagnosis is determined;
• Explain the procedure to the patient;
• Explain terms that are frequently used in endodontics; and describe the importance of post-operative treatment that includes the placement of a final restoration (crown) and may include the need for a build-up prior to the placement of the final restoration.
Original Release Date: 2016; Review Date: 2019; Expiration Date: 2022
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CE Credits : 1.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology