Talking Sense About Breast Density is organized by International Center for Postgraduate Medical Education (ICPME).
Release Date: December 22, 2017
Expiration Date: January 1, 2022
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
Radiologic Technologist Continuing Medical Education
This program has been approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) for 1.0 hour of ARRT Category A continuing education credit.
Mammography continues to be the standard of care for breast cancer screening. However, not only can dense breast tissue mask breast cancer on mammography, breast density is an independent risk factor for developing breast cancer.
This multidisciplinary discussion between Dr. Emily Conant, Division Chief of Breast Imaging, and Dr. DaCarla Albright, Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Pennsylvania addresses the importance of counseling patients about their risk for breast cancer including their breast density, the importance of breast cancer screening, and the imaging tools available for patients at risk.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
• List the four categories of breast density
• Explain the risks associated with having dense breast tissue
• In addition to available mammographic technologies, list supplemental breast screening modalities
• Discuss current legislative efforts to inform patients about the risks associated with breast density
• Counsel patients on their personal risk for developing breast cancer, the importance of annual screening, and the available options for screening for high-risk patients
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Copyrights © 2023 eMedEvents Corporation, All Rights Reserved.