CE Credits : 1
Storage of Blood Products Outside the Blood Bank: Where? When? Why? and How? is organized by American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and will be held from Aug 28, 2019 - Jun 23, 2022. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Hospitals, Hospital Blood Banks, Laboratory Staff, Managers/Supervisors, Medical Directors, Nurses, Perfusionists, Physicians, Resident/Fellow, Students (MD, MT, SBB), Technologists, Transfusion Safety Officers
In this program, the speakers will discuss the challenges and solutions associated with storage of blood components outside of the hospital blood bank. Storage of blood within the emergency room and operating rooms will be covered along with storage of blood outside of the hospital setting including in air and ground ambulance.
After participating in this educational activity, participants should be able to:
• Review how temperature monitoring differs when blood is transported vs. stored outside of the hospital blood bank.
• Describe options for in-hospital storage of blood products outside of the hospital blood bank.
• Identify challenges with establishing storage of blood products outside of the hospital setting to support air and ground ambulance.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- 60 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine