Special Populations in Chiropractic - The Osteoporotic Patient
Special Populations in Chiropractic - The Osteoporotic Patient is organized by DConline.
Hours: 4 (General Category)
This four-hour distance based course will provide Doctors of Chiropractic with information necessary to enhance your understanding of the patient with osteoporosis. You will receive insight to the health and wellness issues and how better to help the female patients you treat.
This course is specifically designed for the general practicing Doctor of Chiropractic. The learners participation and actual course time is tracked electronically. This course will use interactive learning tools. Learners will have the opportunity to participate, ask questions and express opinions. A multiple choice format final examination is used to evaluate learner outcomes. The exam requires a passing score of 80%. Learners not scoring 80% will be directed to areas needing more study and then they will be allowed to retake the exam.
• Introduction and discussion regarding epidemiology & etiology of osteoporosis
• Screening the osteoporotic patient including the use of diagnostic imaging & lab tests
• Chiropractic Management of the osteoporotic patient including preventative approaches and exercise recommendations
• Nutrition recommendations for the patient with osteoporosis
In this course, the learner will:
• Review the causes and types of osteoporosis
• Analyze the state of the art methods for evaluation of osteoporosis
• Evaluate conservative and medical interventions for the osteoporotic patient
• Examine exercise and diet modification methods for osteoporosis
• Determine appropriate lifestyle recommendations for bone mineralization
• Understand the role of exercise and diet in osteoporosis treatment
• Develop treatment plans for the osteoporotic patient
• Identify the role of the chiropractor in the osteoporotic patient.
- CEUs : 4
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine