SCOR Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is organized by Sharp HealthCare.
Release Date: July 1, 2021
Expiry Date: July 1, 2024
Specialties - All Specialties
Professions - Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Physician, Physician Assistant
A knowledge activity for Sharp affiliated physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistance, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and other interested health care professionals
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
• Define microaggression as related to diversity and cultural competence
• State why microaggressions are harmful to health care practitioners and patients and families
• Summarize the importance of equity, diversity and inclusion within a health care organization
• Access resources related to diversity, equity and inclusion made available by the Sharp Equality Alliance.
• List the steps to take when making a mistake related to diversity, equity and inclusion.