Robotics in General Surgery Webcast is organized by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUMC) and will be held during Jun 23, 2017 - Jun 23, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Conference Description :
This presentation should be a continuation of the discussion of robotic surgery applications with general surgical procedures and discuss integration of robotic training with current surgical trainees.
Conference Objectives are :
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
• DESCRIBE applications of robotic surgery as it relates to inguinal hernia repair and cholecystectomy;
• DISCUSS importance of including robotic surgery training as it relates to resident and fellowship training;
• DISCUSS the role of robotics in foregut, bariatric, and ventral hernia repair; and
• EXPLAIN potential advantages and disadvantages of robotics in general surgery.
You’ll also learn about the following:
• What the surgical robot actually does
• General surgical applications of robotics
• Starting a robotic program in your hospital
• Equipment costs
• Insurance coverage
• How to select a surgeon to do your inguinal herniorrhaphy
• Future applications of robotics in general surgery
• Converting robotic to open surgical procedures
• Patient variables in technique selection
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Surgery, Health Informatics