Proceed with Caution: Treating Family, Friends, and Staff (3rd Edition) is organized by Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT).
Release Date: Jul 15, 2011
Expiration Date: Jul19, 2020.
This one-hour activity is intended for physicians of all specialties who are interested in practical ways to reduce the potential for malpractice liability.
• 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• 1 credit in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
Categories: Risk Management, CME, Communication, Ethics, Medical Ethics, Patient-Physician Relations, Professional Responsibility, Texas Medical Board.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• recognize when the physician-patient relationship begins;
• identify what the Texas Medical Board (TMB) requires and restricts when treating a family member, friend, or staff member; and
• describe the American Medical Association’s and Texas Medical Association’s position on physicians treating family, friends, and staff; and discuss potential alternatives when asked to treat family, friends, and staff.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Practice Management, Risk Management and Medical Negligence