Primary Care on Demand: Gastroenterology & Hepatology is organized by Continuing Education Company, Inc. (CEC) and will be held from Oct 08, 2018 - Oct 08, 2021.
ACCME AccreditedAMA PRA Category 1 Credits™:
Continuing Education Company, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 4 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 4 hours of Category I credit for completing this activity.
This course features 4 sessions designed to update primary care clinicians on gastroenterology and hepatology, presented in a practical and patient-focused manner relevant to the primary care setting. It reviews the clinical presentation, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, and management strategies of commonly encountered GI and liver disorders. Topics include: Liver Function Tests, Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Management of GERD, and Common Upper Gastrointestinal Symptoms.
• Session 1 (64 minutes) - Evaluation of Abnormal Liver Function Tests
• Session 2 (68 minutes) - Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD): The Essentials
• Session 3 (70 minutes) - Management of GERD: Balancing the Risk/Benefits of PPI Therapy
• Session 4 (44 minutes) - Common Upper Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Dysphagia, Globus, Belching, Rumination/Vomiting
Primary Care On Demand:
Gastroenterology & Hepatology will educate and promote improved patient outcomes for Gastroenterology & Hepatology related issues commonly encountered in internal medicine and family medicine practice. This CME course will highlight the latest science related to Gastroenterology & Hepatology, presented in a practical and patient-focused manner relevant to the primary care setting. It reviews the clinical presentation, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, and management strategies of commonly encountered GI and liver disorders.
Presented by Continuing Education Company (CEC) for the past 26 years, our Primary Care CME Conference Series is designed to update primary care clinicians in rapidly changing therapeutic areas. This CME activity, Primary Care OnDemand: Gastroenterology & Hepatology is comprised of recorded video lectures taken from various live Primary Care conferences presented by CEC in 2018.
As a result of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Assess and provide patients with an accurate diagnosis and optimal care for a broad range of gastroenterology and hepatology related disorders seen in primary care.
• Formulate comprehensive evidence-based diagnosis, interventions and treatment strategies that will lead to improved patient outcomes.
• Utilize current guidelines in the diagnosis and management of commonly encountered GI and liver issues.
Note: $111.20 - Use promo code OW2-20 (Limited Offer)
Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Primary Care