Preventing Medical Errors for Occupational Therapists - Florida Requirement
Preventing Medical Errors for Occupational Therapists - Florida Requirement is organized by ContinuingEducation.com - OnCourse Learning Corporation and will be held from Jan 25, 2019 - Jan 25, 2022.
The target audience for this medical event is multiple professions, including nurses, dietitians, imaging and radiation therapists, massage therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and respiratory therapists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 0.20 AOTA CEU.
Despite the efforts of healthcare providers, medical error rates in communities, hospitals, and homes remain high. Patients and families pay for errors through disability and death. Preventable medical errors not only affect patients, family members, and healthcare providers but also contribute to soaring healthcare costs. This activity will explore approaches to prevent medical errors that are both system-based and human performance-based, and describe The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals as they pertain to medical errors in hospitals.
Conference Objectives are:
The goal of this preventing medical errors continuing education program is to explore approaches to prevent medical errors that are both system-based and human performance-based and to describe The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals as they pertain to medical errors in hospitals. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
• Examine sources and types of medical errors
• Identify error-prone situations
• Relate theories and strategies to reduce errors and improve patient outcomes
• Define sentinel event, root cause analysis, and failure mode effects analysis
• Discuss safety needs of special populations
• Describe the effect of medical errors on healthcare providers
• Discuss the importance of public education in reducing errors
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 0.2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine