Prescription Drug Abuse: From Gabapentin to Buprenorphine and (Almost) Everything in Between is organized by California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) and will be held from Nov 18, 2015 - Nov 14, 2018. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
• Addiction medicine specialists who want an overview of the latest developments in the field and the relevance to clinical practice
• Primary care clinicians who want to get a better understanding of addiction and how to effectively manage patients with addictions in their practice
• Public health officials who want an understanding of the implications of the current state of addiction policy and treatment;
• Non-physicians who are involved in the treatment of patients with substance use disorders
Conference Objectives are :
At the end of this activity learners should be able to
• develop a plan to taper patients off of benzodiazepines
• develop policies to prevend misuse of buprenorphine
• recognize signs of dependence in prescription medications other than opiates and benzodiazepines
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.