Peripheral Nerve Ultrasound: Interventional & Neurology Applications - Online Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Sep 15, 2021 - Feb 23, 2024.
Date of Original Release: 9/15/2021
This Edition Valid for Credit Through: 9/15/2024
1 year/365 days of Unlimited Access from the date of purchase. Expires on 2/23/2024 if purchased today.
The Peripheral Nerve Ultrasound: Interventional & Neurology Applications online course is designed to provide a comprehensive approach to the use of ultrasound for the assessment and treatment of peripheral nerves including diagnostic and therapeutic applications for neurology-based and interventional-based specialty applications. The interventional-based topics include a comprehensive discussion of the sonographic appearance and recognition of upper and lower limb peripheral nerves, ultrasound-guided injection techniques for peripheral nerve injections, and regenerative medicine procedures. The neurology-based topics are designed for practitioners interested in the comprehensive approach to diagnostic ultrasound for peripheral nerves and other neuromuscular conditions. The use of diagnostic ultrasound in conjunction with electrophysiologic techniques and the sonographic appearance of muscle for both diagnostic assessment and identification for chemodenervation are also reviewed.
• Increase the participant's knowledge to better perform and/or interpret peripheral nerve ultrasound exams.
• State the fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
• Recognize anatomy and ultrasound characteristics of the nerves and surrounding tissue to assist with the management of focal neuropathies.
• Assess and diagnose focal neuropathies using high-frequency ultrasound techniques.
• Identify common and challenging nerves using high-frequency ultrasound
• Outline the standard approach for common and uncommon peripheral nerve blocks and interventions.
• Recognize muscle echo texture and anatomical localization for diagnostic purposes and therapeutic injections, including chemodenervation.
• Increase confidence to perform diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound guidance for peripheral nerve procedures.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
• Ultrasound Imaging Fundamentals
• Introduction to the Ultrasound Evaluation of Peripheral Nerves
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Brachial Plexus/Shoulder Nerves: Normal & Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Radial, Ulnar, and Median nerves: Normal & Pathology
• Demonstration: Upper Extremity Nerves
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Knee Nerves (Normal and Pathology)
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Foot & Ankle Nerves (Normal and Pathology)
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hip Nerves: Normal & pathology
• Peripheral Nerves: Trauma and Tumors
• Demonstration: Lower Extremity Nerves
• Introduction to Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Nerve Procedures
• Advanced Nerve Injections, Releases, & Possibilities
• Neuromuscular Ultrasound
• Chemodenervation Procedures: Guidance & Localization
• Challenging Peripheral Nerve Cases