Pediatric Respiratory Infections is organized by Nurse com - OnCourse Learning Corporation.
Course Originally Released on: 06/08/1999
Date of Most Recent Review: 5/26/2020
Course Termination/ Update Date: 06/30/2023
Children frequently develop respiratory infections. This course will inform physicians and nursing professionals about viral and bacterial respiratory infections that affect children, so they can recognize the diseases and provide the most effective care. This course will also discuss respiratory syncytial virus, bronchiolitis, viral croup, associated croup syndromes, epiglottitis, pertussis, viral and nonviral pneumonia, and prevention of pneumonia in the pediatric population.
Goal and Learning Outcomes:
The goal of this educational program is to provide nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in acute care settings with information about viral and bacterial respiratory infections that affect children so that they will be able to recognize the diseases and provide the most effective care. After taking this course, you should be able to:
• Differentiate among several pediatric respiratory infections.
• Describe the clinical manifestations of each respiratory infection.
• Discuss the methods used to make a definitive diagnosis for each respiratory infection.
• Explain clinical care for each respiratory infection.
• Describe prevention methods for pediatric respiratory infections.