CME : 17.25
Pediatric Imaging Essentials: Techniques, Pearls and Pitfalls is organized by Educational Symposia (ESI) and will be held from Sep 24 - 26, 2020.
This course will now take place as a Live Webcast Only. For more information or to register for the Live Webcast please click here.
Registered attendees have access to the archived lectures for 6 months.
Educational Symposia designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course provides a practical, clincally relevant review of common pediatric imaging protocols and techniques. Expert faculty share pearls and pitfalls in abdominal, vascular, musculoskeletal, and neuroradiology. Discussion includes the advantages of using advanced imaging technology, multimodality imaging techniques, image characteristics and quality improvements aimed at improving patient outcomes.
Attendees should, at the completion of this course, be able to:
• Discuss the challenges radiologists face when caring for a pediatric patient.
• Minimize the risks of ionizing radiation exposure to the pediatric patient.
• Utilize technical advances to maximize image quality yet minimize radiation exposure dose.
• Recognize key image features associated with pediatric chest, GI, GU, neuro, vascular and musculoskeletal disorders.
• Incorporate quality improvement processes to increase the standard of pediatric care in radiology.
• Effectively communicate with pediatric patients, their patients and referring physicians.
• Apply protocols to efficiently evaluate the non-accidental trauma patient.
This course should benefit pediatric radiologists, physicians who supervise and interpret pediatric imaging studies and technologists who perform these procedures. This course should also prove valuable for physicians who order pediatric imaging studies.
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine