Patient Safety Highlights - Safety Updates from the Anesthesia Closed Claims Project is organized by American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and will be held during Feb 27, 2017 - Feb 26, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Anesthesiologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This refresher course reports current findings from the Anesthesia Closed Claims Project and reviews recent papers including difficult intubation, respiratory depression associated with acute pain management, management of unexpected haemorrhage and safety concerns in non-operating room anaesthesia. Current practice guidelines and communication and systems changes to improve perioperative patient safety will also be discussed.
Conference Objectives are :
• Identify causes of severe injuries associated with anaesthesia care and perioperative pain management;
• Explain problems with airway management in closed claims and apply to practice;
• Define patients at risk for post-op respiratory depression and adapt to practice;
• Describe patients at risk for unexpected haemorrhage and describe transfusion protocols;
• Recognize safety hazards in non-operating room anesthesia.
Public Health, Anesthesiology