Opioid Analgesics for Sedation and Analgesia During Mechanical Ventilation is organized by Academy of Neonatal Nursing (ANN) and will be held from Apr 01, 2015 - Apr 30, 2020.
All neonatal nurses
1.00 - CH
1.00 - Rx
Purpose of this CNE activity:
The Academy of Neonatal Nursing provides clinically current information on the technical, medical, and nursing aspects of neonatal care as well as the legal and ethical implications related to that care. This CNE activity provides information to nurses and other health care professionals who care for newborn, premature, and ill infants and their families. Specific objectives for this presentation are listed below.
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
• Compare and contrast neonatal pain scales.
• Describe the mechanism of action of fentanyl and morphine.
• Discuss the side effects of opioids in the neonatal population.
Requirements for Completion:
The following requirements are necessary for successful completion of this CNE activity.
• Access to a computer with an Internet connection
• Pass the posttest with a score of 80%
• Complete and submit the evaluation for this CNE activity
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.