New Diagnostic Tests in Glomerular Disease
New Diagnostic Tests in Glomerular Disease is organized by Baptist Health South Florida.
Course opens: 04/01/2016
Course expires: 04/01/2022
1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
1.00 Nurse Practitioners
1.00 General certificate of attendance
Glomerular diseases historically have been challenging disorders to comprehend and treat for patients and physicians alike. Kidney biopsy is the gold standard of diagnosis. Treatment of glomerular disease usually involves therapies that are not specific to disease pathogenesis. Recent progress on the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of four glomerular diseases: immunoglobulin A nephropathy, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, the C3 glomerulopathies, and idiopathic membranous nephropathy.
• Identify and understand the mechanisms of suPAR in focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in chronic kidney disease as well as the potential prognostic role of B7 staining of podocytes.
• Describe the role of anti PLA2r antibodies in the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of membranous nephropathy.
• Summarize the potential role of galactose deficient IgA antibodies and OgG anti-IgA antibodies in the diagnosis and prognosis of IgA Nephropathy.
• Explain the role of complement and C3 levels in glomerular diseases.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CME : 1
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes