Melanocytic Lesions with Scarring and Desmoplasia
Melanocytic Lesions with Scarring and Desmoplasia is organized by Opus Medicus, Inc. and will be held from Sep 27, 2018 - Sep 26, 2021.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Opus Medicus designates this Internet enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Credits:
In addition to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, Opus Medicus designates this course for Specialty Board MOC Program Credits: 1.75 ABP SAM for MOC/CC Credits1
This course is designed to identify the problems and pitfalls associated with pathologic diagnosis of melanocytic lesions with fibrosis. It presents multiple case examples and decriptive summary slides to describe the characteristics features of irritated melanocytic nevi, recurrent banal and dysplastic nevi, regression-associated fibrosis in malignant melanomas, sclerosing nevi and desmoplastic melanoma. It describes pitfalls, limitations of interpretation, and applications of immunohistochemicstry, utilizing an image-intensive format.
• Irritated nevi.
• Recurrent nevus phenomenon.
• Regression in melanoma.
• Sclerosing nevi, desmoplastic melanoma, and utility of immunostains.
Conference Objectives are :
• Identify the histology of irritated nevi.
• Identify the histology of recurrent nevi and limitations of diagnosis based on recurrence.
• Understand pitfalls in interpretation in relation to the diagnosis of malignancy.
• Differentiate sclerosing nevi from desmoplastic melanoma and understand the utility of immunostains.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 1.75
- MOC : 1.75
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine