Contact Hours : 1.5
Medicinal Cannabis: What Healthcare Professionals Need to Know is organized by Nurse.com - OnCourse Learning Corporation and will be held from Aug 30, 2018 - Aug 30, 2021. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 Contact Hours.
This course prepares the healthcare professional with a basic overview of cannabis as medicine. Contents include a brief history of cannabis use and prohibition,safety-ethical-legal concerns, the human endocannabinoid system, an overview of the cannabis plant components, and cannabis as an evidence-based medicine. Learners will explore ways cannabis can be ingested, dosing approaches, side effects, and medication interactions. Implications for various healthcare professions are explored, and professional guidelines, ethics, and advocacy are highlighted.
Goal and Learning Outcomes:
The goal of this course is to prepare members of the interprofessional team with a basic overview of cannabis as medicine including a brief history of cannabis use and prohibition, safety-ethical-legal concerns, the human endocannabinoid system, an overview of the cannabis plant components, and cannabis as an evidence-based medicine.
Upon completion, participants will be able to do the following:
• Review the history of cannabis prohibition.
• Briefly discuss the endocannabinoid system and how holistic-integrative modalities support endocannabinoid system health.
• Discuss functional aspects of utilizing cannabis as a therapeutic modality including the entourage effect of its components, ingestion methods, dosing, and recreational vs medicinal use of cannabis including pertinent medication interactions, side effects and other safety issues.
• Examine the available evidence around effectiveness of medicinal cannabis for specific disease issues.
• Review legal-ethical issues related to specific state laws and state practice acts related to cannabis and how these issues impact the interprofessional team
Healthcare Management, Herbal medicine
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||29 Aug,2021||USD 15.00|
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine