Medical Records FAQs: Answers to Your Top 18 Questions (2nd Edition) is organized by Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT).
Release date: August 1, 2014
Review & Re-release date: August 1, 2017
Expiration date: August 1, 2020
This one hour activity is intended for physicians of all specialties who are interested in practical ways to reduce the potential for malpractice liability.
• 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
• 1 credit in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
Categories: Risk Management, Case Studies/ Claims Review, CME, Documentation, EMR/EHR, Ethics, Technology, Texas Medical Board, The Reporter.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• List the elements of a complete medical record according to Texas Medical Board (TMB) rules;
• Describe how to respond to medical record requests from patients and their families; and
• Be familiar with the potential pitfalls related to use of electronic medical records.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.