Lung Cancer Screening: A Comprehensive Guide
Lung Cancer Screening: A Comprehensive Guide is organized by American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS).
Date of issuance: November 12, 2015
Date of expiration: November 11, 2021
The American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The ARRS designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 10.5 American Board of Radiology©, MOC Part II, Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME.) Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This online course provides the necessary education and training to improve your image interpretation skills as well as insight to developing a comprehensive lung cancer screening program to help you stay relevant in the chest imaging field.
Statement of Need:
In November 2014, the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved lung cancer screening for Medicare recipients. Following the CMS decision, demand for screening services continues to rise. As a result, practicing radiologists are faced with implementing new lung cancer screening programs in widely diverse practice settings.
Goals and Objectives:
After completing the material in this article, the learner should be able to:
• Interpret the epidemiology of lung cancer Recognize the protean imaging manifestations of lung cancer
• Discuss the findings of the National Lung Screening Trial and understand their impact on the current practice of lung cancer screening
• Acquire expertise in the detection and characterization of pulmonary nodules
• Obtain imaging protocols for low dose lung cancer screening
• Review the essentials of establishing a lung cancer screening program
• Apply Lung–RADS™ to the reporting of low dose lung cancer screening CT studies
Note: In-Training Members will receive a discounted price of $249 after login.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 10.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine