CME : 2.5
Legal Issues in Complementary and Alternative Medicine is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and will be held during May 07, 2018 - Dec 15, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.50 Contact Hours.
Patient use and acceptance of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies in the United States is increasing. However, many legal issues remain unresolved surrounding provider oversight, inconsistent legislative mandates regarding definitions about standards of care and scope of practice, liability issues for providers and organizations, and lack of knowledge about CAM therapies.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to describe major legal issues facing biomedical providers and integrative health providers, state laws relating to the regulation, credentialing concerns, malpractice and liability issues, and third-party reimbursement.
• Advance Practice
• Behavioral Health
• Case Management
• Complementary and Alternative Health
• Integrative Health
• Occupational Therapy
• Social Work
• Women's Health
• Describe state law issues relating to the regulation of medical and CAM providers.
• Describe key elements of the credentialing process for physicians and CAM providers.
• Describe liability issues for health care organizations.
• Explain the relationship between CAM therapies and health literacy, health freedom, and access to treatment.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Contact Hours 2
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine