Introduction to Forensic Assessment Home Study
Introduction to Forensic Assessment Home Study is organized by TZK Seminars.
Expires: Mar 01, 2022
This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 3 ce Credits.
This webinar is designed for those clinicians moving into forensic assessment from more traditional clinical settings. It will consider the important similarities and differences between clinical and forensic work, including critical legal and ethical issues regarding the concept of informed consent in different kinds of evaluations. The focus will then shift to what are called functional legal capacities, and cover in depth the way different assessment instruments may be reconceptualized in order to use them in forensic settings. Special consideration will be given to the development of instruments for assessment of trauma and malingering.
• Describe the differences between clinical and forensic assessment.
• Identify important legal and ethical issues regarding informed consent.
• Define the concept of functional legal capacities.
• Describe the necessary modifications of traditional psychological testing in forensic settings.
• Identify new developments and cautions in the use of trauma assessment and assessment of malingering.
- CE : 3
Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, Therapists, Psychiatrists, Nurses.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine