Interactive Microscopy : Head and Neck Surgical / Cytopathology Webinar is organized by United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and will be held during Sep 24, 2017 - Jun 03, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Practicing academic and community pathologists, and pathologists-in-training. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
This interactive microscopy course is designed to address the professional practice gap and knowledge needs in the analysis of specimens from the head and neck region that encompasses a diversity of tissue types leading to a broad array of pathologic alterations manifest as cellular and tissue aberrations. Pathologists continue to experience difficulty in diagnostic criteria for papillary and follicular thyroid lesions, particularly with changing terminology for papillary lesions, bewildering metaplastic changes in salivary glands, appropriate application of HPV testing and algorithms to determine tumors of unknown origin metastatic to head and neck. This panorama of experts will delve into these issues and update learners in a mentoring relationship at multihead microscopes, simulating clinical signout, and providing real-time interaction. The union of microscopy with adjunctive molecular and genetic tests creates a unique learning experience in a resort destination.
Course Objectives are :
• Recognize the correlative features between cytopathology & histopathology of head/neck lesions.
• Describe morphologic features of newly described entities.
• Examine key diagnostic and clinical clues across a spectrum of head/neck lesions.
• Highlight diagnostic pitfalls for tissue sections and cytologic smears in a variety of thyroid, salivary gland lesions.
• Advise practical application of immunohistochemical markers and molecular assays.
Head and Neck Surgery, Cytopathology