Influenza: Not Just a Bad Cold is organized by RnCeus Interactive and will be held from Apr 16, 2020 - Oct 09, 2022.
Target Audience & Credits:
• This course is targeted for all nurses and other health professionals in all health care settings
• Nurses and other health professionals may earn 3 contact hours for completing this course.
? To earn 3 contact hours, participants must agree to spend no less than 180 minutes studying course material, exploring Internet links, and completing the exam and evaluation.
Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able:
• List high risk groups for flu and prevalence of the disease.
• Define "pandemic" and state when they have occurred in the last century.
• Describe the significance of a flu epidemic to the health care system in the U.S.
• List the 3 types of flu.
• Differentiate between antigenic drift and antigenic shift.
• State the main method of flu transmission.
• Differentiate between the signs and symptoms of a cold and the flu.
• List diagnostic tests for influenza.
• Identify some reliable strategies for influenza prevention in the health care setting.
• Differentiate between different vaccine types and list indications and contraindications for each.
• Describe respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette in healthcare settings.
• List the basic drugs used for influenza antiviral treatment and the groups most likely to receive this treatment.
• Describe basic uncomplicated flu treatment.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.