Forensic Nursing Course
Forensic Nursing Course is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd.
First Published: 30 August 2017
Updated: 25 August 2019
Expires: 25 August 2021
Healthcare professionals working in any clinical setting. Those working with victims of domestic violence, children, older adults, and victims of crime who enter the health care system through emergency departments, may find this Course particularly useful.
CPD: 1h 25m of CPD
This Course will address the clinical significance and management of preeclampsia and its complications. A real-life case study will also be presented to reinforce the information presented in this activity.
• What is forensic healthcare?;
• How to recognise an injury;
• Vulnerable population;
• Evidence collection and processes.
Trauma as a result of violent behaviour is a health problem across the globe. Emergency departments are increasingly providing care to growing numbers of patients who present as a result of violence. As a result, emergency healthcare professionals specifically, and health care workers generally, may find their role and responsibilities changing to involve the collection and recognition of forensic evidence and non-accidental injuries.
Provide healthcare professionals with an understanding of the basic principles in forensic healthcare regarding the law, the needs of the justice system, and the signs of violence, abuse and neglect.
• Use your understanding of the changing role of healthcare professionals in relation to forensics to enhance physical, psychosocial and legal care of patients.
• Identify signs and symptoms of violence, abuse and/or neglect in order to implement early interventions to reduce adverse outcomes for patients.
• Link best practice guidelines with management strategies in order to provide appropriate support and treatment for patients who may require forensic interventions.
• Use your understanding of forensic terminology and legal processes to improve the collection of evidence while still respecting the patient's needs and meeting legal requirements.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CPD Hours : 1.25
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pulmonary Medicine