Fall Prevention in Older Adults Webcast is organized by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUMC) and will be held during Jan 06, 2017 - Jan 06, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Conference Description :
With this presentation, we hope to introduce health care providers to the epidemic of older adults falls prevention and educate them on what they can do to address the problem. Falls are not often discussed between patient and providers and when they are, the provider might not know what steps to take to reduce future fall risks. It is important that the providers know what resources are available, what other medical specialties may be able to help them, what devices might be useful, and what other interventions they can do to reduce future fall risks in their patients.
We hope to provide participants education of the useful evidenced-based tests and screening measures to identify fall risks. After the assessments then how physical therapy determines the patient's plan of care for treatment of this patient population to reduce overall fall risk. We then want to educate the participants on the resources that are available in the community as fall prevention programs for patients to become more actively involved with programs to keep them active and to prevent future falls.
Conference Objectives are :
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
• DISCUSS risk factors for falling; DISCUSS interventions and resources available
• INTRODUCE evidenced-based tests and screening measures to identify fall risk and
• INTRODUCE evidenced-based tests and screening measures to identify fall risk.
You’ll also learn about the following :
• The demographics of falls in older adults
• Fall risk assessment
• Prescribing walkers and canes
• When to consult the physical medicine physician
• First steps when you discover one of your patients is falling
• The role of physical therapy versus occupational therapy
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.