Facing New Challenges in Lung Health: Vaping and COVID-19
Facing New Challenges in Lung Health: Vaping and COVID-19 is organized by Pri-Med.
Release Date: 11/12/2020
Expiration Date: 11/12/2021
Pri-Med Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.50 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
This program has been approved for 1.50 contact hours of continuing education, which includes 0.00 hour of pharmacology.
• Medical Updates, Vaping, EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping product associated lung injury), Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
In the last year, two new diseases have emerged with significant and lasting impact on the lung: E-cigarette or Vaping Product Use-Associated Lung Injury (EVALI) and COVID-19 pneumonia. This session will address new information and challenges related to both diseases. Vaping has increased in popularity, especially among youth, and in late 2019, EVALI was first described. While the outbreak has subsided, recognition of the symptoms, association with marijuana use, and radiographic findings of EVALI remain important. Further, providing tobacco and marijuana cessation guidance remains critical. The COVID-19 pandemic, caused by SARS-Cov2 virus, has burdened healthcare workers and scientists across the globe. COVID-19, often associated with severe pneumonia and systemic illness, has resulted in significant morbidity and mortality in the US and we can continue to learn and discover its full impact. Additionally, COVID-19 has unmasked major health disparities in our healthcare system that we must address.
• Describe important epidemiologic trends in E-cigarette or Vaping Product Use-Associated Lung Injury (EVALI)
• Recognize symptoms of EVALI and recommend appropriate management, including attention to tobacco and marijuana cessation
• Describe the epidemiology and clinical presentation of COVID-19 illness
• Recognize the available treatment options for severe COVID-19 illness
• Explore the components of healthcare disparities that have been highlighted by COIVD-19
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
✔Medical use of marijuana
Medical use of marijuana
- CME : 1.5
- MOC : 1.5
- Contact Hours : 1.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine