Nothing About Us Without Us: Engaging Patients in Rheumatology Research is organized by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR).
Engagement of patients and other stakeholders is vital for high quality, consistent rheumatology research. Best practices for this type of engagement are increasing rapidly. This Online CME webinar illustrates the processes for engagement from the patient/consumer perspective (Amye Leong, MBA), the researcher's perspective (Monique Gignac, Ph.D.), and the funder perspective (Suzanne Schrandt, JD; Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute).
• To explain the value of and best practices for engaging patients in the research process, from the investigator's perspective. This will cover specific examples of successes and challenges.
• To define the patient experience as a member of research the team and practical engagement strategies.
• To represent the funding agency perspective regarding expectations and best practices for patient engagement on the research team.
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine