EMmk-Emergency Medicine - Must Know: High-Risk Abdomen; Post-Arrest Care; Urogenital Emergencies is organized by American Medical Seminars (AMS), Inc.
Release Date: July 1, 2020
Expiration Date: July 1, 2023
TOPIC 1: The High-Risk Abdomen You Cannot Afford To Miss.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
• Identify clinical presentations and findings that should alert you to not being fooled by a negative test.
• Develop clinical strategies that will enable you to think outside the abdominal “black box.”
• Determine how one simple bedside test can save a life.
TOPIC 2: Post-Arrest Care
Upon completion of this session, using evidence-based medicine and clinical practice guidelines, in the AHA CPR and emergency cardiovascular care, the participant should be able to: COMP, EBM
• Develop goals for oxygenation and ventilation in the patient with the return of spontaneous circulation following cardiac arrest.
• Identify the optimal mean arterial blood pressure in post-arrest patients.
• Employ appropriate use of targeted temperature management in post-arrest patients.
• Determine which post-arrest patients should be sent for emergent cardiac catheterization.
TOPIC 3: Urogenital Emergencies: Torsion & Priapism.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP, GL
• Describe the anatomy, physiology, and epidemiology of priapism and torsion.
• Discuss the evaluation and potential causes of both high and low flow priapism.
• Discuss ED management considerations and guidelines for the treatment of priapism.
• Describe the evaluation and bedside reduction technique for testicular torsion, including recent clinical decision tools and transfer recommendations.