EMCREG-International Newsletter: Management of Life-threatening Bleeding in the Anticoagulated Patient is organized by University of Cincinnati Continuing Medical Education (UC-CME) and will be held from Aug 01, 2019 - Jul 31, 2020. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistant, Physicians, Trauma/Critical Care
EMCREG-International Newsletter: Management of Life-threatening Bleeding in the Anticoagulated Patient
As a result of participating in the enduring material activity, participants should be able to:
• Describe the results and significance of the ANNEXA-4 clinical trial of andexanet alfa in patients with severe bleeding due to Factor Xa inhibitors.
• Summarize the specific approaches to emergency management of bleeding related to oral anticoagulant therapy.
• Describe how this approach varies according to the particular oral anticoagulant, the urgency of the need for reversal, and the medical setting.
• Describe the mechanism of action of the anticoagulant reversal agents, idarucizumab and andexanet alfa.
• List the specific indications for the use of vitamin K, fresh frozen plasma, prothrombin complex concentrate, idarucizumab, and andexanet alfa in a patient with severe oral anticoagulant associated bleeding.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Emergency Medicine, Hematology Blood and Marrow Transplant