Continuing Education (CE) : 1.5
Contact Hours : 1.5
Diagnosing Adverse Transfusion Reactions: Learning from Case Studies and Blood Center Workups is organized by American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and will be held from Aug 22, 2019 - Jun 17, 2022. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 continuing education credits/contact hours.
Transfusion Medicine (Hemovigilance)
Hospitals, Hospital Blood Banks, Laboratory Staff, Managers/Supervisors, Medical Directors, Nurses, Physicians, Research Scientists, Residents/Fellows, Scientists, Students (MD, MT, SBB)
Diagnosing adverse transfusion reactions (ATR) is often challenging and complicated. Certain adverse reactions get reported to blood centers for further investigation. This program will present case studies that will help the audience understand the clinical signs and symptoms, lab works, vitals and investigations to diagnose and classify ATRs. The audience will also learn about workups that blood centers conduct to provide final diagnosis for certain ATRs.
After participating in this educational activity, participants should be able to:
• Apply CDC National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) case definition criteria to identify adverse transfusion reactions through presented cases studies.
• Identify adverse transfusion reactions that need to be reported to blood centers for further investigation.
• Identify scenarios where donors might get deferred as a result of adverse transfusion reaction to patients.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Hematology Blood and Marrow Transplant
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Non Member Course Fee||16 Jun,2022||USD 65.00|
|Member Course Fee||16 Jun,2022||USD 55.00|
SpecialtiesHematology Blood and Marrow Transplant
- 60 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
CE Credits 1
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine