Diabetes and Pregnancy is organized by Healthcare Made Practical (HMP) Communications LLC and will be held from Jul 22, 2015 - Jul 22, 2021.
This enduring activity is designed for primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, registered dietitians, certified diabetes educators, pharmacists, nutritionists, and other related healthcare professionals.
NACCME designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This continuing nursing education activity awards 1 contact hour.
CPE for Pharmacists:
This activity is approved for 1 contact hour (.1 CEU) of continuing pharmacy education (UAN JA0006201-0000-18-048-H01-P)
• After completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Describe increased caloric requirements and recommendations for weight gain in pregnancy
• Discuss endocrine changes and insulin resistance during gestation
• Identify groups at high-risk for gestational diabetes and dangers associated with uncontrolled diabetes
• Assess maternal lifetime risk of diabetes after gestational diabetes
• Explain the challenges of managing pre-existing diabetes in pregnancy
• Outline the diabetic diet and effective diet modification counseling
• Describe the effects of DASH diet and DASH plus sodium restriction on blood pressure reduction
• List the benefits of DASH diet in gestational diabetes and severe preeclampsia with salt-sensitivity
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.