COVID-19 Web Series Part 22: Herd Immunity and Vaccine Update
COVID-19 Web Series Part 22: Herd Immunity and Vaccine Update is organized by Pri-Med.
Release Date: 11/10/2020
Expiration Date: 11/10/2021
Pri-Med Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Infectious Diseases
• Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
• 2019 novel coronavirus
In the twenty-second episode of Pri-Med’s web series on COVID-19, faculty will examine the concept of “herd immunity” and how it relates to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. They will not only explain the basics of herd immunity but take a deep dive into why herd immunity may or may not help to limit the spread of COVID-19. This session will also re-visit the COVID-19 vaccine pipeline, explaining where we stand with current vaccine trials and the outlook for vaccine development.
• Outline the basics of herd immunity, how herd immunity thresholds are estimated, and factors that influence the duration of protection
• Describe the limitations of relying upon infection-induced herd immunity with COVID-19
• Distinguish pathways to creation of an effective vaccine against COVID-19
• Evaluate updates in the development of a vaccine against COVID-19
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CME : 0.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine