Combating Drug Diversion (2nd Edition) is organized by Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT).
Release date: November 26, 2014
Reviewed & Re-release date: December 4, 2017
Expiration date: December 4, 2020nsibility
This one hour activity is intended for physicians of all specialties who are interested in practical ways to reduce the potential for malpractice liability.
• 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (Internet Enduring)
• 1 Medical Ethics and/or Professional Responsibility
This article discusses the issues related to prescription drug misuse and drug diversion.
Categories: Risk Management, Case Studies/ Claims Review, CME, Documentation, Medical Ethics, Patient Safety, Professional Responsibility, Substance Abuse
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
• identify issues related to prescription drug misuse from case studies;
• discuss statistics relevant to prescription drug diversion;
• describe common drug diversion methods; and
• list steps that can be taken to help prevent drug diversion.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Pharmacy and Medicine