Closing the Loop: Tracking Test Results and Referrals (3rd Edition) is organized by Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT).
Original Release: Aug 13, 2012
1st Review & Re-release: Aug 13, 2015
2nd Review & Re-released: Aug 13, 2018
Expires: Aug 13, 2021
This one-hour activity is intended for physicians of all specialties who are interested in practical ways to reduce the potential for malpractice liability.
• 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (Internet Enduring)
• 1 Medical Ethics and/or Professional Responsibility
In today’s practice of medicine, the majority of patient visits require some type of follow-up care. This might involve diagnostic tests, sub-specialist referrals, or communication of test results. Health care professionals “should have procedures in place to track these events effectively and to enhance quality of care and patient safety.” Developing an efficient management system continues to be a challenge for many physician practices.
Risk Management, CME, Documentation, Medical Ethics, Patient Safety, Practice Operations
Upon completion of this course, the physician should be able to:
• describe several issues to consider when developing a test result management system;
• define the four basic steps of a tracking system; and
• discuss the issues involved with result management in an electronic health record (EHR).
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Risk Management and Medical Negligence