Cholesterol Nursing CE Course is organized by NursingCE.com
Release Date: August 08, 2019
Expiration Date: August 08, 2022
NursingCE provides a high-quality, effective, and comprehensive way for license practical nurses, registered nurses and nurse practitioners to earn their state-required CNE credits in a clear online format. A course on evidence-based practice provides current content intended to help practicing nurses apply this knowledge to their practice. The course also includes questions to test competency.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Appreciate the incidence and significance of high cholesterol in the American population.
• Review the key functions of the liver as they relate to cholesterol production and processing.
• Identify diagnostic tests used for control in cholesterol management.
• Outline the concepts and information the nurse should provide for the patient seeking effective cholesterol management.
• Discuss the dietary implications in relation to cholesterol management.
• Identify modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors in the management of cholesterol.
• Analyze the pharmacological treatment of cholesterol.
• Appropriately provide effective coaching/teaching resources for the patient needing cholesterol management.