Child Maltreatment Nursing CE Course is organized by NursingCE.com.
Release date: 3/17/22
Expiration date: 3/16/25
By the completion of this activity, the nurse will be able to:
• Define child maltreatment, child abuse, and child neglect as recognized by the laws of New York State.
• Consider the incidence and prevalence of child maltreatment and abuse in New York and the US.
• Identify the risk factors that contribute to child maltreatment and abuse.
• Recognize the behaviors and physical indicators of child maltreatment and abuse.
• Discuss mandatory reporting of suspected cases of child maltreatment and abuse.
• Review the legal protection for mandatory reporting and consequences for failing to report suspected child maltreatment and abuse.
This Course has been approved for a maximum of 2.0 ANCC contact hours.
Toll free Number
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 12 +